Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Yet Another Fright Night

Last night around 7pm my nose went numb then the right side of my face, then my right foot. It didn't subside until about 10pm. My left knee was aching. I woke up in the middle of the night with knee pain. It felt like it was swollen. What the heck is going on? I feel overwhelmed and terrified. My imagination is going wild with frightening ideas of what it could be, is it my brain, or did I simply sprain my knees somehow? As bad as my imagination gets, I counter it with good thoughts. I tell myself, "God is protecting and healing me". Then I imagine myself fully recovered, working again, driving again, in the gym again, doing cardio again. There is always that nasty little thought in the back of my head that fears never being able to do those things again. But I squash it with great effort and optimism. I hope to have a great day today and remain calm, centered and focused no matter what occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment