Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Homecoming

6/26/09 It was great to be home and out of the hospital. However the day after I arrived home the right side of my body went numb, yet I still could move my right side. It was terrifying. I didn't know if there was a problem with my brain surgery, if it was a complication or what. Turns out it is what I believe to be Simple Partial Seizures aka Jacksonian Seizures. Now that I am almost a veteran on the subject, it just would have been nice if the docs would have given me a heads up on what to expect after brain surgery. It was simply terrifying. I didn't know if I was going to die or if I should go to the ER. I just didn't know and that wreaked havoc on Maurice and I. It is what would be the 1st of many successful attempts at what I like to refer to as "brain terrorism". Never in my life did I have to deal with seizures and anti-seizure medication. Little did I know that the anti-seizure med that I was on was not working for me.* Ignorance wreaks havoc on lives.

*Anyone who has brain surgery is put on anti-seizure medication. It may be temporary or the rest of your life. It all depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment