Saturday, September 26, 2009

Infectious Disease Dr. Appt.

9/10/09 - I started getting ringing in my ears and suspected it was the vanco. The Cefepime gave me constant diarrhea. My anti-seizure medication would pass right through me into the toilet. This wasn't good. So I saw my Infectious Disease doctor and told her that I could tolerate the diarrhea but not the ringing in my ears and possible hearing loss. So she told me to continue with the Cefepime and DC the vanco. She then prescribed me with Zyvox - another hardcore antibiotic that is taken orally at least. However I would get a nasty side effect from the Zyvox and that was shortness of breath and racing heart rate. I wouldn't be able to breathe freely for at least 8 hours at a time. It is a terrible and scary feeling not being able breathe. I would only be able to finish half the prescribed dose. I had to DC the Zyvox after three days. I was only able to tolerate the Cefepime and that gave me "the runs" 24/7. As a result I started getting seizures which eventually would land me once again in the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment