Sunday, September 27, 2009

Forgotten Stitch


I found another forgotten stitch in my scalp today. I thought to myself WONDERUL! It was towards the front of my head. I was able to pull it out easily. It came out clean for the most part. The only reason I found it was because it felt irritated there. It was in there for a total of 31 days. It should have been removed on 9/11/09 with the rest of the stitches, 15 days after my surgery. Instead it was left in my head for 16 days longer than it was supposed to be. It stresses me out because here I am trying tooth and nail to avoid infection. Well it is in God's hands anyway and always will be.

10/4/09 - Found yet another stitch in my scalp which I removed without a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Maria, just wanted to let you know that finding stitches this long after a cranie seems to be not that uncommon, at least from some of the other craniotomy patients' stories. Good for you for being vigilant in your anti-infection crusade though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete