Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Perilous Journey Begins


6/15/09 Healthy as a horse all my life until I turned 34. That's when my life would change forever. I was putting clothes away at 10pm on a Monday night when suddenly my right leg stopped working. It became numb and tingling, then my right torso went numb, then my right arm and then I couldn't talk. By the time I was in the ambulance everything had restored itself. In the ER after a CT scan I was diagnosed with a Meningioma (a type of brain tumor) the size of a baseball or maybe a softball. The ER doctor walked up to me and said Maria you have a brain tumor and need emergency brain surgery. I asked the Dr. if I was going to die and his response was "I don't know, It's anyone's guess". Well that put me into throws. What a jerk! He could have said "I am no expert, it could be benign or malignant, we shall see". I mean he could have handled that a lot better! I was in shock. It just cant be put into words what I felt in those moments. I can tell you that I was praying that it was all just a terrible nightmare and that I would wake up from it any minute; but it was happening, it was reality; and I had to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment