Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Antibiotics

8.29.09 The antibiotics were very trying for me. They were completely incapacitating. While I was still in the hospital they administered Tygocil - a super strong antibiotic that is so strong it has to administered via IV only. The Tygocil made me so nauseous that I could do nothing but remain in the fetal position with a ball of bile in my chest just waiting to come out of my mouth. Of course just having had brain surgery, throwing up was not an option. I asked the doctors, "What is this poison you injected into me?" It was 24 hour nausea. They offered me anti-nausea medication like Zofran and Reglan to no avail. I was so nauseous that I couldn't even eat, just couldnt get anything down, couldn't brush my teeth, couldnt bathe myself.

9.2.09 My PICC line was installed in the hospital that day. It was NOT a pleasant experience. This was so when I was sent home I could continue to administer the Tygocil through my PICC line intravenously. The next day I would be discharged.

9.3.09 I went home. The ride home was awful. I turned green on the way home. Still so nauseous from the Tygocil. They had the antibiotic delivered to my house and an IV pole along with saline and heparin syringes so I could administer the tygocil myself. My fiancé Maurice helped me with this. I stayed at my sister Bizzy's house because it was closer to the hospital and someone would always be home with me. The nausea never improved and I wasn't able to do ANYTHING. I knew I couldn't keep going on like that. It was counter productive to my recovery not to be eating, not to be moving around. It was a Saturday and I ended up having to go to the ER to get my antibiotics switched.

No comments:

Post a Comment