Friday, September 25, 2009

2nd MRI

8.25.09 I took the results of the 2nd mri to my neurosurgeon that day. I was hoping to hear, "looks good, your free to drive and go back to work". But no, it wasn't to be.....yet. He said, "We're going to have to go back in and do a wash-out because there is pus in there". "We're also going to have to take that bone plate out leaving you with nothing until December when we do the 3rd surgery to put a plastic plate in its place". This is not verbatum, but you get the jist. So now I am walking around with a soft spot on my head and have to be very careful.

Needless to say I was devastated yet again. 2nd surgery was scheduled for 8/28/09.

3 comments:

  1. It's a cliche I know, but Hang in there. Babies have soft spots in their heads. I suppose whatever hair has grown back will have to come off. Maybe you should look for some nice hats (in addition to the wig).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James. Thanks for reading my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, this sounds so tough...my thoughts are with you. My name is Heather, by the way.

    ReplyDelete