Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Surgery

6/17/09 I was transferred to a hospital that does neurosurgery. Upon arriving I met with my neurosurgeon who greeted me and just plain had the best bedside manner. He confirmed with me that my Meningioma was benign and that I would fully recover. Ah if only it were that easy. It was a five hour craniotomy. The tumor was removed in 3 parts. The surgery went well. After the surgery I was rolled back to my room in NICU. Everything was a fog. I remember seeing 3 blurry faces. The nurse said, "Do you know who these people are?" and I said "Yes, that's Bizzy, Aimée and Maurice". Then I started to cry and my sisters asked me why I was crying and I said "Myyyyyy Haiiiiiirrrrrrrr". LOL. I was so out of it and on morphine. Then I fell in to an exhausted, healing sleep. My family stuck around and talked, played UNO while I rested in the bed. It was a great comfort to have them there and listen to them while I rested. Then they left and I continued to sleep. The next day I woke up and managed to text message my BFF Barbara. She almost spit out her coffee when she received my text message. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment