Sunday, October 18, 2009

Doing Okay

Still having a bit of seizure activity. By "seizure activity" I mean that I will get really sleepy, it is really hard for me to focus and anything on the right side of my body (from a foot to a leg to an arm to my face or any combination thereof) gets a numb sensation. This usually lasts for a couple hours and goes away just as quickly as it reared its annoying face. I guess I haven't found the right dose of anti-seizure medication yet. I'm getting used to these feelings. I used to get really stressed out when it happened, I still do, but not terrified like before.

Note to self: You haven't gotten good quality rest this past week. Poor sleep contributes to a lower seizure threshold. Also you had some candy, it has been your experience in the past that sugar also lowers your seizure threshold.

1 comment:

  1. Maria,

    I've found it bittersweet when I start assimilating the whacky sensations from my body and no longer get terrified. It's such a relief to not live in that fearful panic state - I know. It's too bad though that we have to get used to these bizarre experiences and sensations.

    Am glad that the ground isn't moving beneath your feet so much. You have been through so much -- good to hear that you're getting a bit of a much deserved break.

    Powerful woman -- phoenix rising again.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete