Saturday, October 10, 2009

Challenging Day

Yesterday was a challenging day. I had shortness of breath from 12 noon to 9:00 pm. It stressed me out to say the least. I kept busy to keep my mind off of it. I prayed to God. It was plain scary.

This morning I prayed to God to help me deal with my fear and to help me think clearly when I get shortness of breath, anxiety, or seizures. I pray for him to provide me with peace and comfort.

My friend Kim was hospitalized for 8 months fighting Leukemia. She ultimately beat it. She even had a bone marrow transplant. She has been in remission for almost 10 years now. She told me that my fear and anxiety would gradually dissipate to a level that is normal.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maria - Anxiety is so very frustrating, especially when what you are feeling is REAL. It is so amazing what the power of the mind has. Believe me I know. It is best to try and do something to keep your mind on something else and to try not to worry, but it easier said than done. I am sure that once you get back to work, some of that anxiety will be relieved. As you other friend said, it will subside in time. You have to remember that the anxiety has to be expected given all the trauma and scariness you have been through. Keep the faith. Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://her-strong-heart.blogspot.com/2010/01/play-on.html

    You can follow my story if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete