Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen...I have come to a decision

Well it is confirmed. I will have the brain surgery while awake. I am so happy about this being that it is the way to go for tumor in risky parts of the brain. This is the best chance I have of not being disabled. I have a good chance of not being disabled if they put me under too. However, I wanted to maximize my chances thus the choice to have the surgery while awake.

Everything is falling into place. No more waiting for answers. I know when my surgery will be (6/23/10) and I know in what manner it is going to occur.

Finally, a little bit of closure or a lot if you include the pun.

6 comments:

  1. Holy smokes that will be a story to tell the grandkids! Well, in my day... ;)

    Am so glad you have a decision and a date -- no more limboland! Congrats.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! Thank you so much. As you probably know, the waiting is the WORST! I'm very happy and excited for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's amazing. YOU are amazing.

    You do sound at peace with the decision. You may waffle between now and then so try to remember exactly what brought you to this. Sending lots of positive energy your way fellow warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! You will be one of the few who know what it feels like to have someone poking around in your brain. I have been told there is no sense of "feeling" or sense of pain, but you may have other sensations that the docs will want you to report on. It will be great to have this behind you. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. So happy for you that you get to maximize your chances. I join with everyone else in wishing you all the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all touch my heart. Your support, well wishes and excitement for my future fill me with optimism and such strength. A sincere THANK YOU to you all. Thanks for taking the time to follow my story.

    ReplyDelete