Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Day is Finally Here

I've been waiting an entire year for this day (6/23/10). I am every emotion that exists all in one right now. But three emotions that are prominent are excitement, optimism and relief; as this horrific chapter in my life is coming to an end.

I have such a beautiful future ahead of me. Just this last hurdle and then it's a glorious life for me.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND OPTIMISM.

IM GONNA DO THIS, READY TO FIGHT, FEARLESS AND DETERMINED. I MEAN BUSINESS. THIS ISN'T MY FIRST TIME AT THE RODEO! (MY FAVORITE LINE FROM MOMMY DEAREST)

I have to be at the hospital at 7am for an MRI and then I will be rolled into surgery at 8:30am. I will be in the hospital for only a week God willing and then will recover anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks at my sister Bizzy's house. I anticipate returning to work on August 24th, 2010.

Unlike my first two recoveries, this will be a smooth recovery, I can feel it in my gut and we all know what that means, it means that God is telling me so.

All right party people, let's do this! This story is over. I'll see you on the other side (the other side of this surgery that is).

4 comments:

  1. You're ready. Hear from you on the flip side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless, Maria. We're thinking of you and praying for you.
    Please call us when you feel up to it next week.
    Kate and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am pulling for you. This could be a story to tell your grandchildren and part of the story is your chance to tell the surgeons something (since you will be awake). I suppose they have some set questions to ask you to let them know where they are. The surgeons may be on your mind, but you will be on my mind. And in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about you earlier today and want to add my prayers here too. Good luck, wishing you a super smooth and speedy recovery.

    Stephany

    ReplyDelete