Sunday, April 18, 2010

Split in Two

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I've been dealing with another drama in my life. My fiancé and I have called it quits. We are separated. I have moved as much as I can out of his house. I have a lot more to get out as I was living in his house for 6.5 years. When one becomes really ill and one becomes the caretaker, well lets just say that can reek havoc on a relationship.

So it has been even more stressful than usual. I'm very strong though. Very strong. I am living out of a shoe box with my sister "Bizzy" at her house in East Brunswick. Thank God for my sisters. Thank God for Bizzy and her wonderful husband Andrew for letting me crash at their home. I get to see my 1 year old nephew everyday so that is a great joy.

Well I found a nice condo that is 8 minutes away from my sister Bizzy and 15 minutes from my job. I made an offer on it and now all I have to do is get approved for a mortgage. So I am hoping that goes through. Things are going to be tight but manageable. I am excited to live alone and have my own investment. I am looking forward to building equity. I feel this is the best time to buy. As they say, "buy low, sell high". Not to mention I will be getting the $8K tax credit.

8 comments:

  1. I just want to say, if every there was a Goddess of Strength of Spirit, She is you. Hang in there, Maria. You are such an inspiration to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit concerned about your living by yourself. I suppose there is always a chance for a setback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jinx. That really means a lot to me. It is really hard and I have a lot of anxiety but I manage to pull it all together by staying grounded and close to God. Thanks so much again for inspiring me to keep on keeping on no matter what.
    And thank you mom for instilling that fierce spirit of strength in me. Miss you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim, I am excited about living on my own. Sometimes you have to take risks. You cant live your life being afraid. I have no where else to go. I no longer live with my ex-fiance in HIS house. And I cant live with Bizzy indefinitely. Aimee has Rosanna so there is no room there. As long as I can work, I can live alone. I will recover at Bizzy's house when I have my 3rd surgery. If I get approved for the loan on my new place, I will move in shortly thereafter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tone of your post sounds hopeful. Like a spring new beginning. Glad you're with family now and hope things unfold as they're supposed to for the next steps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Donna, you are spot on with your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria,
    I am so sorry to hear about you and Maurice. I can't believe all that you have been through over the past couple of years. I guess your one friend said it best. You are a Goddess of Strength. Anything beyond the norm, but what really is the "norm" in a relationship is a true test of its strength. I may not write often, but I do think about you often and miss the times we, you and I, and the rest of the Kalian crew used to have. I suppose God throws us all these challenges, just to make us stronger, and it also makes us "grow up" and age, but I must say that it makes us wiser.
    I am glad to hear that you will be getting a place of your own. It must be exciting and anxiety filled all at once. Keep the faith. ttys, Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Laurie! It is great to hear from you. Thanks so much for your support. It really means a lot to me. Yes I am definitely excited to have my own place. It will be my own, a place that I WONT have to leave unless I choose too!

    ReplyDelete